privacy and cookies policy
Tackling security the smart way
Table of Contents
What Information Do We Collect?
Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete Contacts, or our request call back forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account through our website or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, and referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views, which pages you viewed and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and keep you updated about the products or service which interest you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, either by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.
Arana Security are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Arana Security traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Although you can choose to accept or decline cookies, most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer such measures.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we have no control regarding collection of cookies or use of. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, of whom are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have subscribed to marketing materials and decide to opt out, or otherwise not engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer purposes.
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not consent to this information being used for other purposes, such as direct marketing
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. At your discretion, we may use your personal information to send you promotional material about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. Should you require this information, please write to us at:
If you believe that any personal information we hold is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.